Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Keep yourselves in the love of God; look forward to the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. Jude 1: 21


As loved ones near the end of their time in the earthly world, nothing can be more comforting than to know they are cared for with Christ-like compassion and love.

Executive Director at Artman, Janet Lorenzon, recently received a beautiful note from Susan Brown, daughter of Rita Stuhltrager, who recently passed. Here is an excerpt from her note:

“I am writing to express my sincere gratitude to you and the entire staff of the Artman Home for the care that my mother, received while she was a resident there. I honestly could not believe that there was a more caring neighborhood than Stonebridge* - where my father lived last year, however, the care that mom received while in the Pennlyn* neighborhood was just as amazing.

I am not going to start listing names because I am so afraid that I would forget someone, but everyone that I came in contact with during my visits (almost every day for the first few weeks) was friendly and welcoming to us. I met many staff members in the hallways while mom was there and I honestly can’t think of a time when someone did not smile and say hello to us.

The dining services staff encouraged her to sit at the table and have her meals, even as it became more difficult for her to feed herself. I had a difficult time personally sitting with her when I had to feed her, so it was comforting to know that there would always be someone there to help her.

…What I really hope you get from this is that the staff at Artman gets it. They treat the residents like people that are in their home. As a family member of two of those ‘people,’ it means the world to me to know when I couldn’t be there, my parents were both treated with kindness and excellent care.”

Merciful Jesus, thank you for caregivers of all kinds in our lives. Help us to see you in those who care for us. Amen.

*Stonebridge and Pennlyn are “neighborhoods” within the Artman Community.

No comments:

Post a Comment