Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

 The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 27:1

In August of 2016, I went on vacation with my husband, daughter and friends. One gorgeous day we had the opportunity to do some deep sea fishing in the Gulf of Mexico. The ride was fine as we headed out of the bay area, but as we headed into the Gulf, the waves got a bit rough. I don’t normally get seasick but this time I did; focusing on the horizon seemed to help a bit. 

I kept my mind busy by praying silently. I prayed that we would have a good day of fishing and that we would return safely. I also prayed for my family, friends, and those I keep in my heart. I thanked God for the many blessings He has given to me; a roof over my head, food to eat, the love of family and friends. I prayed for His guidance and strength through life’s stormy days. I gave to Him my inner struggles. I told Him how I understand that He is at the wheel and in control and I only need be a passenger (not always easy just ask my husband when he is driving). 

It has been a very unsettling year. He is, and always will be, our guide and protector, our light and our salvation. I hope that you will take a moment each day to be still and hear His voice. Whether it is early in the morning, on your drive to work, or somewhere in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, He hears you. I pray that every day you will see what blessings God has given to you, that you will take care of each other through the sunny days and the days we struggle with. Today, I give you my gift, a hug and a warm smile. God Bless!

God, you are our light and salvation. We need not fear what lies ahead for you have seen the days we have not yet seen. You are the stronghold of our life. Amen.

Barbara Hupfer is Food Pantry Director/Lay Assistant, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Dingmans Ferry, PA.  

No comments:

Post a Comment