Friday, December 2, 2016

Friday, December 2, 2016

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in all you do, and He will show you the right way.”
Proverbs 3:5-6

There are times in this life where we are oblivious to God’s presence. Things are going great; life is good; and we don’t have a care in the world. Sure, things are not perfect. But all things being equal, there isn’t anything to complain about.
Then, in the blink of an eye, devastation occurs. The unlikely becomes our reality and life changes dramatically. When we think we have it all under control the Lord brings us back to the understanding that He is in control and that we must remain humble as we navigate this world.
Days move into long nights and we become absent of rest. Prayers are filled with tears. Petitions became questions. Why me? we ask. What have I done to deserve this? Just then, things turn around. The despair that we were feeling turns into hope.
And then, the valley experience is over. The Lord has helped us to understand that He was in control all along. Everything that was lost was restored. We are reminded that we must trust in His promises and not rely on our temporary circumstances. Life is full of ups and downs. I am reminded of the devotion: “footsteps in the sand.” Sometimes God carries us through the storms of life.

Lord, keep me humble. Help me with my faith. Bring me to a place of total trust in you. Then, allow me to walk in faith with you for the rest of my days. Amen.

Rose Richardson is the Program Manager of LCFS’ West Philadelphia Senior Community Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment