Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

 Wednesday, December 1

Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. (Psalms 90:1)

Oh, how I love HIM! The book of Psalms offers us ways to rejoice in prayer, bow in worship, to exalt God for all He does and for all His blessings to us.

When specifically thinking of Psalms 90, verse 1 and how it has affected my life, I immediately look at the relationship between the scripture and my faith. For, it is faith that has brought me this far.

Over the last 18 months it has been evident that my faith has been tested. When your faith is being tested, it is never an easy process. It can destroy you or it can build you. The latter is what happened for me during the pandemic.

Initially, I was untrusting, uneasy and ultimately, weary. I questioned why we were in a crisis with a disease that took the lives of so many.  However, it was my faith in the Lord that kept me, just as it has kept those who came before me that were in a perilous state.

Knowing that the Lord is present at all times was comforting to me. Through the lack of information, mis-information, sickness and loss, He was my refuge.

Dear Lord, please continue to dwell in our hearts and minds forever and ever. Amen.

Rose Richardson is Executive Director of LCFS, operating the West Philadelphia Senior Community Center and the In-Home Support Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment